Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ashes strewn

I'd said before that I wanted my ashes to be thrown into the caribbean sea after I died and was cremated in DR.
I realize now that's not where I want them to be strewn. There's a place I've loved since childhood, it has always brought me peace of mind. It's by the Hudson River in NYC, on the north end of Manhattan island, in the park at the west end of Dyckman st. When I'm in NYC I visit this park early in the morning, to run, to walk or just to think. I've done this since I was young, and I would climb to the top of the then abandoned bridge that Amtrak uses to cross between Manhattan and the Bronx on it's way upstate. Actually, anywhere in the middle of the Hudson between the shores of the river park and New Jersey would be fine. That's where I want my ashes scattered to the wind, and may the Hudson take them out to the Atlantic.

No comments: