Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On my headphones...

For the past 3 o 4 weeks I've been going back and forth with music. After about 2 months of Killers mania, I've started listening to the entire American Idiot album by Green Day. I had dismissed it at first, but after a couple of listens, I'm really enjoying it.
Favorite tracks apart from the obvious "Wake me up When September Ends" are "Extraordinary Girl", "Give me Novocaine" and "Whatsername". I like the flow of listening straight through from beginning to end, love the drumming, the guitar sounds, and the vocals. Production wise, it sounds great. I've always liked Green Day, have always felt that they have good tunes, and it's obvious they wouldn't have survived this long if they didn't.
Also on my headphones is Heathen by David Bowie as well as Disc 1 from his Platinum Collection which is full of classic tunes. It's been interesting to ride or walk around this wonderful city with my chosen soundtrack. This has included Neil Diamond ( 12 Songs), Johnny Cash (American Vol. 3), Tom Waits and even some of my own recent tunes that I haven't released yet.
One that I have put up on myspace.com/leosusana, "Estoy Cansado" I've been conecptualizing a video for.

I've been very moody recently, and some of this music helps me think.

No comments: