Sunday, November 12, 2006

Paris Journal 2

A rainy day in Paris. Walking around the area of the Pompidou.
It was a strange day for me at first. I'm in Paris but I don't know where the fuck my mind is. Well, it's all over the place. At first I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of people on the street.
I went with Antonio and Michel (Tess' uncle) to return the car Antonio had rented the day before because it turned out to be a pain in the ass to have it. He drove to Gare du Nord. The sights are wonderful along the way but it's as if I wasn't there.
Before that we had been in the apartment trying to figure where Stefan could have lost his wallet the day before. They were callind DR through the Yahoo messenger. Finally, it turns out he lost it at the Tapas place because Mastercard traced some unauthorized purchases on his credit card.

In the afternoon we walked all along the Rue de Rivoli and went to the Pyramid at the Louvre and then inside to the mall that's under the pyramids. Museum stores etc. Giliuana was looking for some specific things. After a couple of hours we returned to the apartment.
At around 9pm we went out to this small bar in the Bastille area named Tribeca at 65, rue de Charonne. Had a DJ spinning reggae in the basement, and we sat on a small mezzazine on the street floor which had a low ceiling, you couldn't stand up straight. I had a great grilled chicken breast with Roquefort sauce and a couple of glasses of wine.
Checked out the basement, which was jammed packed. This is a very small place and the basement had people dancind, smoking up and grooving. The toiletten was down there. I tried to make my way to it but couldn't stand the crowd. The basement is like a cava in shape.
I noticed a calling center across the street and made a couple of phones to the US and Ams, but couldn't get through to anybody, but I went to the bathroom there. The rates of this place was pretty cheap, 15 euro cents a minute to cell phones, not bad.
From Tribeca we went to a party at some friend's of Tess in Republique. It was a nice place, lots of people dancing. Julie and Stephanie,two friends of Stefan, Giuliana and Antonio, who used to work in Cabarete were with us.
Julie was really cool getting drinks for everyone. She even found the corkscrew which was thrown somewhere, so that I could open up a bottle of wine.
Stefan and I were talking to this spanish girl from Madrid name Inma ( short for Inmaculada) who had flown in just for this party.
After we got tired of being in this place, which was playing Michael Jackson music and people dancing and talking, top floor of an apartment in Paris with great windows and nice view of the neighborhood, we walked back to Chatelet, towards the apartment. I was falling asleep on my feet, because I had only slept 3 hours from the night before.
It was a nice walk.
We ended up at this mostly gay bar that was open around the corner from the apartment. We all sat at a nice table, where I began to nod off incessantly, until Giuliana woke me and said, Leo, it's ok if you go home. Tess will take you.
And so I did. We were just around the corner so it was like a 3 minute walk.
I got to the house, checked my email real quick and before I knew it, I nodded off on the couch until everyone came back around 2 hours later. I was really tired.
Now, here I am, sunday morning, 10am, writing, listening to music and thinking about what we are going to do today. Maybe I'll go for a walk by the Seine before everyone gets up.

No comments: